JCI Minnesota, affiliated Chapters, Minnesota Statesman, Minnesota Ambassadors, and Minnesota JCI Senators!
We need your help to help JCI Minnesota, your local chapter or your affiliated group! By volunteering with the Minnesota Jaycees Charitable Gambling by working concessions at Minnesota Twins home games, you can make money for the JCI Minnesota affiliated organization of your choice!
We have registered for the “Home Opener Plus” series, and after a quick survey, discovered the eleven games that work best and that we have agreed to staff are:
- Thursday, April 5 @ 3:10 PM – Home Opener! (Seattle Mariners)
- Saturday, April 7 @ 1:10 PM (Seattle Mariners)
- Sunday, April 8 @ 1:10 PM (Seattle Mariners)
- Wednesday, April 11 @ 12:10 PM (Houston Astros)
- Friday, April 13 @ 7:10 PM (Chicago White Sox)
- Saturday, April 14 @ 1:10 PM (Chicago White Sox)
- Sunday, April 15 @ 1:10 PM (Chicago White Sox)
- Friday, April 27 @ 7:10 PM (Cincinnati Reds)
- Saturday, April 28 @ 1:10 PM (Cincinnati Reds)
- Sunday, April 29 @ 1:10 PM (Cincinnati Reds)
- Wednesday, May 2 @ 12:10 PM (Toronto Blue Jays)
Please note, the red dates, we need people badly! We know…they’re during the day…but if you can, those are the ones that really need the help! The brown and blue dates also need more help. But keep signing up for the green dates, too! There’s the possibility of getting a second stand on those days if we can give them enough notice! (Be advised, the concessions management company reserves the right to limit the number of people we can bring; in the case of overbooking, we will contact you. But our main point of contact stated that rarely happens.)
We need a minimum of ten volunteers for each game, and we will receive a percentage of concession sales with guaranteed minimum of $700 (assuming no issues with inventory or cash-control!). With the minimum of 10 people in the stand, at least $70 per person will be paid to the organization of your choice! And the more we make, the more you make! Funds earned from each game will be equally divided among the volunteers with each share going to the JCI Minnesota organization you choose. Use our Survey Monkey to sign up now!
Who Can Volunteer?
UPDATED! Anyone 18 and older (an age restriction imposed by the Twins concessions management company) is eligible to help us raise money for JCI Minnesota and affiliate through this program. That includes non-Jaycee relatives and potential Jaycees. Please note, however, that there is a maximum to the number of people we can bring in for each game. In case we go over that number, the final gate list will include (in order):
- Regular members of JCI Minnesota and local chapters, including any paid employees of JCI Minnesota.
- Trustees of Minnesota Jaycees Charitable Foundation that are NOT regular members of JCI Minnesota and local chapters.
- Dues-paid/Lifetime members of Minnesota JCI Senate.
- Dues-paid/Lifetime members of Minnesota Jaycee Ambassadors.
- Dues-paid/Lifetime members of Minnesota Jaycee Statesman
- Alumni members of JCI Minnesota and local chapters.
- Non-members that can be considered potential members (within the age-range of 18-40).
- Non-members over the age of 40.
But remember, ALL volunteers MUST attend an on-site training session their first year of volunteering. And you MUST sign up with us at least three days before the game you want to work as we need to turn in our roster for Gate Security. This is not a project you can just “show up and work”, so remember to plan ahead.
All workers must arrive one-hour before the gates open, which is 1-1/2 to 2 hours before the game starts. For a good rule of thumb, since all games start at 10-minutes past the hour, plan to arrive 2-hours 40-minutes prior to game time. So for the 3:10 game, arrive by 12:30.When the gates open, we need to be ready to sell. The AVERAGE game lasts about 3 hours, and then there’s cleanup. Estimating that we are all great workers, assume cleanup will take about 20 minutes. So the total time commitment for each game is about 6 hours. PLEASE NOTE! This is baseball! Extra innings are possible. Rain delays are possible. So please be prepared!
All volunteers are required by the concessions management company to participate in an on-site training session their first year of volunteering. Not only will you be trained for concession sales, but you will also receive TEAM Training, which is Alcohol Server Training. The training sessions are FREE of charge, and your TEAM Training qualifies as Alcohol Server Training in regard to the JCI Minnesota Dram Insurance Policy. Currently, there are four dates available for training:
NOTE: Additional training sessions have been added!
- Tuesday, February 20
- Wednesday, February 28
- Tuesday, March 6
- Wednesday, March 7 – NOTE: This training is at Falcon Ridge Middle School in Apple Valley!
- Wednesday, March 14
- Friday, March 16
All training sessions are held at Target Field (unless otherwise noted). You must arrive between 5:30 PM and 6:00 PM, and you MUST be PRE-REGISTERED through the Minnesota Jaycees Charitable Foundation at least 3 days in advance. Here are the instructions supplied by the concessions management company:
1st Base Lounge, Level -2. Enter at 7th Street gate (across from Ramp A at the base of the giant shutters). Gate opens at 5:30 pm and will be closed at 6:00 pm. Security will check for your name on the list and you will pass through a metal detector before proceeding down the ramp to level -2.
There may be additional training sessions added, and those will be added here when we receive notice.
Finally, there is a “Dry Run/Tech Training” that we must also do. It’s another 3-hour session and we’ll post the available dates for that soon.
Mandatory Dry Run and Tech Training:
This is a practice run through session. The grills will be fired up and food/beverage will be “sold” as we learn to run the stand by actually doing it. I will have more information Monday, but for now, plan on attending the dry run on Saturday, March 31 from 9:00 AM -Noon.
We need a few people to step up to the Lead position, as there will be a few games that neither Patti nor I can make. Leads have a few more responsibilities, and therefore will need to be at the stadium a bit earlier and stay a bit later. Also, there is an additional training session for Leads. (Leads must still take the standard training.) If you are interested, please contact the Webmaster for the Minnesota Jaycees Charitable Foundation.
Lead classes are as follows:
- Monday, March 26, 3:00 PM (before the Dry Run session)
- Friday, March 30, 3:00 PM (before the Dry Run session)
- Saturday, March 31, 12:00 PM (after the Dry Run session)
JCI Minnesota Organizations Eligible to Receive Funds:
Each time you work, you can designate one of the following organizations to receive your share of the funds:
- JCI Minnesota
- Minnesota Jaycees Charitable Foundation
- Any local JCI/Jaycee chapter in Minnesota
- Any local Junior Jaycee chapter in Minnesota (Reminder: Workers must be 18+, so although Junior Jaycees can’t volunteer, you adults can still direct your share to your local Junior Jaycees chapter.)
- Minnesota Jaycees Statesman
- Minnesota Jaycees Ambassadors
- Minnesota JCI Senators
Note: All funds will be dispersed at the end of the season after the Minnesota Jaycees Charitable Foundation receives the final fund-disbursement from the concessions management company.
If you have any further questions, use the Contact Us page to contact the Webmaster.